- Congratulations to Sree Shankar Satheeshbabu for successfully defending his thesis titled “Surrogate Models for the Design and Control of Soft Systems”. Sree will be working for ABB inc. Congrats Sree!
- MSL members (Gaurav Singh, Sree Shankar, Naveen Uppalapati and Nick Thompson) present three papers in ICRA 2019, Montreal, QC, Canada
- MSL presents one paper in IEEE RoboSoft Conference in Seoul, Korea.
- We excited to collaborate with Dr. Abraham Kocheril towards integrating soft actuators in heart simulators through the JUMP ARCHES award.
- We are excited to be collaborating with Prof. Girish Chowdhary, Prof. Mattial Gazzola, and Prof. Sarah Taylor Lovell towards a USDA-NIFA funded project “Mutipurpose Dexterous and Continuum Arms for Compact Agbots”.
- Senior design team advised by Prof. Krishnan awarded BRONZE by the Lincoln Arc Welding foundation.
- MSL member Nick Thompson presents a paper at ICRA 2018.
- Gaurav Singh participated in the inaugural IEEE RoboSoft conference in Liverno Italy: http://www.robosoft2018.org/index.html by presenting a paper and taking part in the Soft Robotics Manipulation Competition, where our group won the 3rd place.
- Sreekalyan Patiballa selected for the Mavis Future Faculty fellowship.
- MSL wins awards at CSL robotics demonstration event.
- Sreekalyan Patiballa and Prof. Krishnan win the Freudenstien Young Investigator Award in the ASME IDETC 2017.
- Prof. Krishnan organizes the Ashok Midha symposium on Compliant Mechanisms at the 2017 ASME IDETC.
- Prof. Krishnan gives an invited talk at the General Motors R&D.
- Monolithic Systems Lab wins third place in the ISE department’s Mottier Systems Innovation Challenge.
- Gaurav Singh and Chenzhang Xiao win best poster in the Chittenden Symposium.
- Prof. Krishnan and Prof. Elizabeth Hsiao-Wecksler get funded by the CCEFP-NFPA to build small scale exoskeleton project.
- Prof. Krishnan co-organizes the Ashok Midha Symposium on Compliant Mechanisms at the ASME IDETC 2016.
- Prof. Krishnan delivers a lecture in the Kinematics Summer School at the ASME IDETC 2016.
- Prof. Krishnan is awarded the College of Engineering award for Excellence in Advising for 2016.
- Profs. Hsiao-Wecksler and Krishnan’s research on soft orthoses sleeve featured in Fluid Power Magazine.
- Prof. Krishnan is nominated in the list of teachers ranked excellent by the students for SE/GE 598(GK): Design of Bioinspired Compliant Systems.
- Prof. Krishnan’s senior design team of Fall 2014 awarded GOLD by the Lincoln Arc Welding foundation.
- Gaurav Singh’s conference submission gets accepted in IROS 2015.
- Naveen Uppalapati and Xiaotian Zhang win second place in the ASME Students Mechanisms and Robot design contest.
- Sreeshankar Satheeshbabu’s work on Flexure System Mobility Analysis is available for download.
- Monolithic Systems Lab featured in ISE Newsletter.
- March: Prof. Krishnan wins NSF CAREER award. This news is featured in the department newsletter.
- Prof. Krishnan’s research featured in a Scientific American Article written by Prof. Sridhar Kota.
- We are excited to collaborate with Prof. Elizabeth Hsiao Wecksler on a soft robotic sleeve project funded by the CCEFP.
Monolithic Systems Lab youtube channel